10 Lovely Ways to Celebrate Valentine’s Sustainably
Celebrating Valentine’s Day with a special someone, Galentine’s day with friends, or celebrating self-love with some much-needed YOU time? Here are some eco-conscious and ethical ways to celebrate Valentine’s for everyone.
It’s effortless to think of Valentine’s Day as a holiday designed to provide your loved ones with presents. Valentine’s Day nowadays is almost synonymous with consumerism. Here at KIRR, we believe that there are more sustainable ways to show your loved ones how much they mean to you. We have put together a list of our favourite ways to celebrate an eco-friendly Valentine’s Day.
Here are 10 lovely ways to celebrate Valentine's Day sustainably:
1. Instead of ordering in, cook a romantic dinner at home. Cook for your significant other or do it together. If you’re celebrating with friends and family, it would be fun to cook together and make a themed dinner by picking an International cuisine you’d like to try or are craving for. KIRR’s online grocer may help you with the ingredients you will need.
- Find an amazing view or place to relax to spend the day together. Book yourself a staycation or find a place where you can relax and enjoy Hong Kong’s dramatic waterfront setting, hilly terrain, and dazzling skyline.
- Gift an experience around Hong Kong. Try visiting an amusement park, museum, a new café in town, or a place you’ve never been before.
- Watch a romantic comedy in the comfort of your home. Nothing beats a good movie and a good laugh. If you’re having a movie marathon with your besties or significant other while cozied up on bed then we highly recommend switching to bamboo beddings that will literally change your life and don’t forget to get some good healthy snacks
- Visit a Botanical Garden. Hong Kong is home for its beautiful parks and garden. Take a trip outside and enjoy a walk in nature that’ll definitely do more good for you.
- Bake a dessert from scratch. Rather than ordering one, learn how to bake your own healthy sweet treat at home or for your loved ones. You can try Grace’s Vegan Chocolate Cookies Recipe.
- Skip the traditional paper card and make one yourself. If arts and crafts is your thing, try making a handmade card by using old magazines and paper decorated with dried flowers.
- Donate to a special cause. Yes, why not donate to a special cause or make an effort to plant a tree or two. It is a good way of being a more socially responsible citizen.
- Give the gift of long-lasting plant instead of pre-cut flowers. A plant possesses all of the elegance and tenderness of Valentine’s Day flowers with none of the imminent fatality. They typically cost the same as a bouquet. They can also help remove toxins from the air and provide a source of fresh oxygen at home. Giving someone a potted plant obligates the gift recipient to take care of a living breathing thing, or you can take care of it together.
- Indulge in a home spa treatment. You and your loved ones deserve some pampering! Bring out those aromatherapy candles and essential oils out to create a relaxing ambiance. If you’re celebrating with your friends, give them some facial masks, and some massages. They’ll thank you later for this.