Available 24/7 via Chat
Why You Need to Switch to a Natural Deodorant
Most of us depend on our deodorants as we get through our daily grind, hot yoga sessions and nervous sweats, body-odor free. But did you know regular deodorants and antiperspirants vary in everything from skin irritation, possible health risks, and even making perspiration worse? Don’t sweat it though,
Here’s a list of reasons why you should switch to a natural deodorant now:
You need to sweat!
The biggest reason to use natural deodorant is so that you’re still sweating the way you should be. Sweating is an essential body function. It helps regulate your body temperature and release toxins. Did you know that antiperspirants and chemical-laden, traditional deodorants tend to clog pores and make it harder for your body to sweat the way it needs to? Not to mention that they’re completely unnecessary for preventing body odor. Sweat isn’t what actually smells, it’s just a mixture of salt and water. What creates the odor is when sweat comes in contact with the natural bacteria that lives on our skin.
Deodorants and antiperspirants can cause skin issues.
Antiperspirants work by closing the pores to prevent perspiration which means that sweat builds up beneath the skin. This can sometimes cause bumpy skin and painful irritation. If you have bad razor burns or irritated armpits, definitely consider making the switch.
Deodorants have been linked to some diseases.
Antiperspirants are applied often on skin near breasts, some reports claim that the chemicals could be absorbed through your skin and cause estrogen-like hormonal effects. Alzheimer’s and Breast Cancer have both been linked to aluminum compounds found in antiperspirants.
The safe solution: clean, aluminum-free deodorant.
One of the benefits of natural deodorant is that it may even help your health. The natural ingredients make it less likely that you’ll have skin issues, and the lack of pore-blocking ingredients mean good bacteria works better and may prevent odor when you have no deodorant at all.
One of the greatest perks of switching to clean deodorant is that your body will adjust to the volume of sweat it produces once you’re no longer blocking your pores with aluminum. If you actually allow your body to eliminate toxins the natural way, you’ll end up sweating less than you have in years.
How to switch to a natural deodorant:
- First, you need to go au naturalefor a few days to make the switch. If you’re uncomfortable doing that, you can detox armpits with bentonite clay: try using 1 tablespoon bentonite clay and 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar and put it on your armpits for 15 minutes. Repeat this weekly or biweekly for a month while body is transitioning.
- Remember to wash daily and exfoliate weekly to help remove the toxins that traditional deodorant created.
- Exfoliate underarms weekly and wash daily, to assist in the detoxification and prevent body odor.
- Sticking to natural fabrics (like cotton, hemp, and silk) can help you stay odor-free while you make the switch!
- Remember that deodorant is not one-size-fits-all. Try each deodorant for a couple weeks, as it takes your body time to adjust. Know that it might take a few different tries and some time before finding the right natural deodorant for you. But once you do, you’ll never go back.
Looking for the best toxic-free deodorants?
Try these natural deodorants that are available on the website that are proven to be effective plus, it also comes in an eco-friendly packaging:
- Sudtana’s Bergamot & Peppermint Natural Deodorant
- Erbaviva Jasmine & Grapefruit Organic Deodorant
- Coconut Matter’s Bliss Natural Vegan Deodorant Stick
- ZeroYet100 Z1 Spa Deodorant Push Up Stick
- ZeroYet100 Z2 Woods Deodorant Spray
Click here for more.