KIRR Eats: Baked Spicy Ranch Organic Chicken Fingers with Honey Mustard•
Posted on July 17 2020
Start your weekend right with this fun Baked Spicy Ranch Organic Chicken Fingers with Honey Mustard. Breaded in corn flakes, seasoned with a homemade ranch seasoning blend, oven-baked, and served with an addicting creamy, sweet, and tangy honey mustard sauce. These are the grown-up version of the chicken fingers we all loved as a kid. And yes, healthier, and so much tastier too. Serve with oven-roasted french fries and veggies for an easy dinner that’s different, delicious, peppery, and packed with flavors.
- 2pounds organic chicken tenderloins
- 1cup buttermilk
- 2cups finely crushed corn flakes
- 2tablespoons organic unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1tablespoon dried chives
- 1tablespoon dried parsley
- 2teaspoons dried dill
- 1teaspoon each garlic and onion powder
- 1teaspoon cayenne pepper, or chipotle chile powder, use more or less to taste
- 1teaspoon salt black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
- chopped fresh chives or parsley, for serving
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1/2 a lemon, plus additional wedges for serving
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper
- Add the chicken to a gallon-size zip-top bag. Pour the buttermilk over the chicken. Toss well to coat.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Add the cornflake crumbs, flour, parsley, chives, dill, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, and a pinch each of pepper to a medium-sized bowl. Stir to combine.
- Remove each piece of chicken from the buttermilk, and dredge through the crumbs, pressing gently to adhere. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all the chicken has been used. Make sure not to crowd your pan, if necessary use two baking sheets. Lightly brush/drizzle the chicken with olive oil. Transfer to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make the honey mustard sauce. Combine all ingredients in a glass jar and shake or whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Serve the chicken topped with flaky salt, fresh chives, and honey mustard for dipping. Enjoy!
Recipe by Halfbakedharvest
KIRREats: Homemade ...
This homemade gluten-free granola, filled with nutty grounded hemp seeds and desiccated coconut, is a healthy and nutritious treat that doesn’t co...Read More
KIRREats: Roasted C...
Now that the weather is dipping slightly in Hong Kong, there’s nothing better than cosying up to a big bowl of warm soup. This flavourful, chunky s...Read More
KIRRLiving: What ar...
Do you know we are facing pollution everywhere every day? UV exposure, air pollution, light pollution, ozone depletion, allergens and even seasonal...Read More