KIRR Eats: Wholesome Vegan Pancakes•
Posted on May 15 2020
Wholesome Vegan Pancakes
Healthy superfood pancakes – a delicious, indulgent breakfast that is packed full of healthy, nutritious ingredients and will keep you full for longer.
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients (organic flour, organic cane sugar, baking powder, baking soda, pink pitaya powder)
- Add the wet ingredients (vinegar, olive oil, oat milk) and allow to sit for a minute.
- Heat up a 1-2 tbsp of frying oil over medium heat.
- Form the pancakes using one tbsp of batter per pancake and cook them with the lid on until golden brown.
- Serve with pink pitaya powder, fresh fruit and strawberry or orange marmalade jam.
- Cooking these pancakes on LOW heat is paramount to success. If you increase the heat you will easily burn the bottoms leaving the insides raw. So be patient! The first pancake might take a little extra time if you do not allow it to preheat fully, just make note of that!
- Add 1 tbsp water, place the lid onto the pan and allow the pancakes to cook for 5-7 minutes on low heat, or until the bottoms are golden and the sides are set.
- Once you’ve flipped the pancakes, return the lid to the pan and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes, or until they are set and the bottom side is golden as well.
KIRRLiving: Why Urb...
Do you notice any idle space around you? You might not have noticed but think of the rooftop of the building you work at and the podium of the bloc...Read More
KIRREats: Enoki Mus...
Growing up in a Shanghainese household, we often have cold dishes at most of our meals. Especially during Chinese New Year, my mom would make at le...Read More
KIRRLiving: Vegan P...
The popularity for Veganism has exploded in recent years with google searches for vegan products increased by 7-fold between 2014-2019. “Vegan leat...Read More